*All terms are subject to change
- Protect the integrity of the Galvanize Websites for all users of the Galvanize Websites;
- Ensure responsible use of the Galvanize Websites;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws; and
- Protect Galvanize’s intellectual property.
General Use of the Galvanize Websites
You are free to browse and use the Galvanize Websites, and you may print or download content from the Galvanize Websites, for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that:
- You retain and keep intact all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices (such as © 2019 ACL Services Ltd. dba Galvanize. All Rights Reserved);
- You do not disseminate or distribute the content publicly or use it for any commercial gain; and
- You abide by the terms and restrictions set out below.
Certain areas of the Galvanize Websites require a user account and are password protected (“Registered Areas”). If you register for a user account with Galvanize:
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your user account.
- You must provide accurate, current and complete information when registering your account.
- You must not provide false identity information to gain access to the Galvanize Websites.
- You must keep your user ID and password confidential, and change your password periodically.
- You must not allow any other person to use your User ID and password.
- You must notify Galvanize of any unauthorized use of your User ID and password.
When you register for a user account, you create a user profile consisting of your first and last names, organization name, work title and work phone number. You may, optionally, include information about yourself and post a photo. Please be aware that:
- Your name, title, organization and “about me” information are publicly displayed in the community forums and user groups.
- Your profile photo will not be publicly displayed unless you choose to show your photo on publicly accessible pages by checking a box for this.
- Your profile is searchable by other community users and the public, even if they are not part of your organization.
- Content that you share or post may be seen by other users of the community or the public.
Galvanize products and services may be made available for access and use through the Galvanize Websites. Your use of such products and services is governed by Galvanize’s standard terms for those products and services, copies of which can be found here: www.wegalvanize.com/terms.
User resources for Galvanize products, such as online training, help documentation, scripts, tools, templates, tutorials or other information (“Resources”), may be made available for access and use through the Galvanize Websites. You may access, use and, where applicable, download the Resources for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that:
- You retain and keep intact all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained in or on the Resources (such as © 2019 ACL Services Ltd. dba Galvanize. All Rights Reserved);
- You do not disseminate or distribute any Resources to anyone outside your organization or the Galvanize user community in which you accessed such Resources; and
- You do not use the Resources for any commercial gain.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Resources are provided solely for education about Galvanize products;
- Resources are provided “as is” without any warranty and are used at your own risk;
- Galvanize does not promise that Resources will be accurate or operate properly with Galvanize products; and
- Resources may be varied or discontinued at any time.
Community and Posting Materials
The Community portion of the Galvanize Websites provides a forum where users can connect and share knowledge about Galvanize products. Users of the Community forums and user groups are expected to behave professionally and to be courteous and respectful of others. You must not make or post any comments or discussions that are profane, discriminatory, degrading, defamatory, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
Where you are permitted to post or upload materials through the Galvanize Websites:
- You must own the materials or have obtained the necessary rights and consents to post or upload it.
- The material must not be unlawful or objectionable.
- The material must not damage or interrupt the proper working of the Galvanize Websites (for example, by containing viruses or corrupted files).
- You must use reasonable security measures (such as encryption and a secure network/system; not an open system or public computer).
- You must not post or transmit spam, junk mail or chain letters.
- You grant Galvanize an irrecovable, royalty-free and worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivate works from, distribute, and display your posted content in any media.
Galvanize is not responsible for the content of the postings made by you or any third party and is not obliged to review, edit or filter the postings. Galvanize reserves the right to modify, reject or remove any comments or materials posted on the Galvanize Websites at any time in its discretion. Galvanize does not endorse any comments or materials posted by users, and such comments and materials do not necessarily reflect the views of Galvanize.
All posts are public and are not confidential. If a third party sues Galvanize, or makes a claim against Galvanize, because of the comments or materials you post, you must pay Galvanize for any damages and expenses that Galvanize incurs as a result of that suit or claim.
You may be able to post or submit ideas, suggestions or feature requests (“Ideas”) through the Galvanize Websites. All Ideas you post or submit are owned by Galvanize and may be adopted by Galvanize for any of its products, services or resources. You assign to Galvanize all right, title and interest in and to all Ideas and you waive all rights you may have, now or in future, in respect of such Ideas, including all moral rights and the right to any compensation.
You acknowledge that:
- Posting or submitting Ideas does not make you an author, inventor or contributing author or inventor of any Galvanize products, features or other works or inventions;
- Galvanize has no obligation to accept or use any Ideas;
- To the extent any Ideas are not assignable, you grant Galvanize a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to freely copy, use, make use of, publish, adapt, distribute, sell, license, create derivative works from and otherwise exploit your Ideas, including incorporating them into future versions of Galvanize products, services or resources; and
- Any Ideas or unreleased features discussed on or through the community forums, user groups or other Galvanize Websites are not promised to be available and may never become available.
In addition to the restrictions set out above, you must not use the Galvanize Websites in any inappropriate or unlawful manner. Examples of inappropriate and unlawful use include:
- Distributing, selling, licensing or otherwise commercially exploiting the Galvanize Websites or any materials, information, software, code or content posted or contained in them;
- Creating internet “links” to the Galvanize Websites or “framing” or “mirroring” any content on any other server or wireless or internet-based device;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including names and email addresses;
- Probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of the Galvanize Websites, or breaching the security or authentication measures on the Galvanize Websites;
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Galvanize Websites, or any systems or networks connected to the Galvanize Websites;
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of the Galvanize Websites or any transaction being conducted on the Galvanize Websites, or with any other person’s use of the Galvanize Websites;
- Forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send on or through the Galvanize Websites;
- Pretending that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonating any other individual or entity;
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to Registered Areas of the Galvanize Websites or related systems or networks;
- Using any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Galvanize Websites; and
- Using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Galvanize Websites, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Galvanize Websites, and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari).
The Registered Areas of the Galvanize Websites may contain Confidential Information of Galvanize. “Confidential Information” is anything which Galvanize does not make generally available to the public, and which it considers to be proprietary. Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to: (a) scripts, code or other technology; (b) technical information about Galvanize products, including product roadmaps; (c) personally identifiable information about an individual; (d) material or information which, given its nature, should reasonably be considered to be confidential; and (e) material or information which is marked “confidential”.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information you obtain or access.
- You may use Confidential Information solely for the purpose for which it has been disclosed to you.
- You must not disseminate or distribute Confidential Information.
- You must not remove any proprietary notices contained in or on any Confidential Information.
The contents of the Galvanize Websites, and the materials made available through them, whether as text, multimedia clips, images, graphics, video, software, scripts or in any other format, are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and international treaties. Galvanize either owns or has obtained the rights to use the content and materials on the Galvanize Websites.
Galvanize’s trademarks include: the word “Galvanize”, the Galvanize logo, “Direct Link” and “AX”. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Trademarks appearing on the Galvanize Websites may not be used except with the express written permission of their respective owner.
Information and materials on the Galvanize Websites are provided “as is” and are not promised or guaranteed to be correct, current or complete. The Galvanize Websites may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Galvanize assumes no responsibility (and expressly disclaims responsibility) for updating the Galvanize Websites to keep information current or to ensure the accuracy or completeness of any posted information. Accordingly, you should confirm the accuracy and completeness of all information and materials before making any decision related to any products, services or other matters described in the Galvanize Websites. Galvanize reserves the right to modify the content of the Galvanize Websites, or to suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Galvanize Websites, at any time for any reason.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE GALVANIZE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. GALVANIZE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, DURABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
GALVANIZE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE GALVANIZE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER DEFECTS.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA OR INFORMATION TO AND FROM GALVANIZE, INCLUDING ANY INTERCEPTION BY THIRD PARTIES.
Limitation of Liability
GALVANIZE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE GALVANIZE WEBSITES OR FOR THE USE OR DOWNLOADING OF ANY RESOURCES, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON THE GALVANIZE WEBSITES, EVEN IF GALVANIZE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
Disclaimer – Digital ID Certificate
Galvanize has acquired Digital ID certificates (“Certificate”). Each Certificate is a computer based record that contains, among other things, Galvanize’s public key for use in connection with the encryption and decryption of electronic messages transmitted from selected portions of the Galvanize Websites.
Each Certificate supplier disclaims any warranty with respect to the services provided by such supplier and makes no assurances of the results of the cryptographic methods implemented in connection with its Certificate.
Galvanize does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, concerning the Certificates or the results of the cryptographic methods implemented in connection with the Certificates, including any representation or warranty as to the functionality, performance, operation or non-infringement of the Certificates or the cryptography technology or any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Links to Other Websites
The Galvanize Websites are controlled by ACL Services Ltd. dba Galvanize from its offices in Vancouver, Canada. All matters relating to your access to or use of the Galvanize Websites will be governed by Canadian federal law or the laws of the Province of British Columbia. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia. Galvanize makes no representation that the Galvanize Websites or its contents comply with the laws of jurisdictions outside Canada.
ACL Services Ltd. dba Galvanize
1500, 980 Howe Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada, V6Z 0C8
Attention: Legal Department
© 2019 ACL Services Ltd. dba Galvanize. All Rights Reserved.